Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle, a novel by C.S. Lewis


Narnia . . . where lies breed fear . . . where loyalty is tested . . . where all hope seems lost. During the last days of Narnia, the land faces its fiercest challenge—not an invader from without but an enemy from within. Lies and treachery have taken root, and only the king and a small band of loyal followers can prevent the destruction of all they hold dear in this, the magnificent ending to The Chronicles of Narnia.

First impression: old English and I had headache of reading it. Of course it used old English. It published in 50’s and it set in 50’s, too (kingdom era in Narnia world). But, I can understand the story well. It’s easy. Because it is a children book, the story is full of morale and have a happy ending plot.

All the characters in Narnia showed up. From the very first book to the sixth met with the last one.

I have heard Narnia and Aslan is the same with Christian belief. How Aslan creates Narnia and how he saves his people many times by sending children from outside Narnia. How many Talking Beasts don’t believe there is Aslan and ask the king to show the great lion up. Chronicles of Narnia is free imagination of Christianity. Everytime I think about it, it’s clearer that’s true.

The last book is about ending of Narnia. I know it sounds bad, but it’s not. Before I read this, I think of the down of Narnia. I imagined the sun is missing and the whole world is dying. But, once again, it’s the same with Christianity (I don’t intend to offend someone who doesn’t have the same thought and belief. It’s just my OPINION. Peace, man). Aslan brings people who believe in him to the “heaven”, which called real Narnia. Confusing, huh! Narnia within Narnia.

No comments: