Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

By James Patterson
2007



Max and the Flock have escaped from the evil scientists. Again. After some more fighting, being captured, and escaping, they end up with Ari on their side, which causes them to split up. Max, along with Nudge and Angel, are finally led by the Voice to Germany -- but only after it leads them to England and France, for no apparent reason. But then you know how these Deep Throat types are -- they never tell you anything straight out. 

So after some European site-seeing, they find the Itex master headquarters, where they are ... captured again! There the evil corporation is having some sort of pep rally/gladiator bout, in which Max is to be the feature attraction. Good thing Fang has been keeping that blog.

Patterson was still using many point of views in this book: first point of view of Max, third point of view of Fang and the others (but mostly, between Max and Fang). A liitle confusing for me at the beginning because I read the previous book a month ago. But after a while I can keep up with it.
Did that make me enjoy the book? Nope. I can’t differ what Max faced in reality and her dreams (depends on what the whitecoats told her). I thought everything happened in Book 1 and Book 2 are just dreams. Then once again, the whitecoats told lies to Max.
In the middle of the book, Fang’s point of view showed up as blog style. I like it when I read Fang parts. He is cool. And thank God. There is one can made me smile: Max-Fang relationship. Oh, I love Fang. I can’t describe it with words. I just feel it in my heart.

No comments: