Monday, April 19, 2010

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening


L. J. Smith
253 pages
 
A deadly love triangle.
 
Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.

Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.

Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him.  Determined to have Elena, he’d kill to possess her.

The Vampire Diaries, a tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

This is the only book that have popular girl at school as main character. Beautiful, blond, has “cheerleader” group, being a little bitch sometimes.
Usually books in a series are the same with a single stand-alone book. They have beginning part, problems (I forget what the exact word), climax, anticlimax and conclusion. But, it’s different with this series. The first book is exactly the beginning part of the story. It doesn’t have climax like one by one battle or war between two families or competition of two girls to get a guy.
Curious. That’s a simple word from me after I know a tv series is made based on this. I never watch it so the story is happening in my imagination purely. And I can’t wait to read about Damon. I can’t stand of character like him.

No comments: