Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Winter in Tokyo, a novel by Ilana Tan

My new neighbour, Nishimura Kazuto, came to Tokyo to find different surroundings. That’s what he said, but I think the reason is more than that. He is good guy, nice and reliable.
Slowly – maybe since Christmas Eve – I started to look at him in different ways. And since that day it’s difficult to imagine live without him, too.
Keiko on Kazuto
Since the beginning I felt something interesting on Ishida Keiko. Everything is exciting if she is around. Everything is good if she is around. Right now, her heart is waiting for someone. Her first love. I hope she can stop thinking about him and started to see me. Because living without her is not a living.
Kazuto on Keiko

They first met on the beginning of winter in Tokyo. For a month, a new feeling appeared. Then everyhing is changed when one day, one of them woke up and didn’t have memories for the last month, including someone who was the important part of life…
I like this book very much. I like this of three ones from Ilana Tan. The book is thick so the changes of their feelings is clear. From the beginning they first met, became friends, then love slip to their heart. Kazuto and Keiko don’t understand with their feeling because someone from their past came around them.

I can see the changes of Kazuto and Keiko’e feeling. I like Kazuto especially when he protected Keiko with his body. The impact is he was unconscious and had to go back to hospital. He doesn’t slow to show hie feeling, too. Although he feels he’s too late. At last he told Keiko that she didn’t have to do anything. Just see him. That’s all. It’s so sweet.
Ilana Tan wrote three series of the season: Summer in Seoul, Autumn in Paris and Winter in Tokyo. Maybe one more to complete the series?

Book-O-Meter

No comments: