Friday, December 11, 2009

Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, a novel by Eoin Colfer


His memory wiped, Artemis remembers nothing from his previous adventures.
But now he needs his memories back. A certain evil pixie is out for revenge and Captain Holly Short is on the run, charged with murder. To save her, he'll have to prove her innocence and break a kleptomaniac tunnel dwarf out of jail. Even then, there's still the pixie and her henchfairies to deal with. Everyone is depending on Artemis Fowl.

And he's depending on a flatulent dwarf.

I felt a little difficult reading this. The language was went in circle so I had to read it couple of times. Plus, many sophisticated gadgets without images (of course no images because it is a novel, not a comic book, stupid me!) so made me think harder to imagine how they looked like.

Each chapter is longer than in other books. Though this book is 200 pages, I can finish it in just, say it, below 5 hours. But I don’t read it all in once. I have to do other things. Besides, I’ll hurt my eyes and neck. Believe me, you won’t stop because the story flowed fast. It’s so intense. Without realizing, I was on the middle of the book. And the next time I continued, I can finished it.

No comments: