Friday, October 17, 2008

PS: I Love You, a novel by Cecelia Ahern

Some people wait their whole lives to find their soul mates. But not Holly and Gerry.

Childhood sweethearts, they could finis each other’s sentences and even when they fought, they laughed. No one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other.

Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry’s death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He’s left her a bundle of notes, gently guiding Holly to her new life without him, each note signed “PS: I Love You”.

As the notes are gradually opened, and as the year unfolds, Holly is both cheered up and challenged. The man who knows her better that anyone sets out to teach her that life goes on. With some help from her friends, and her noisy and loving family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing – and being braver than ever before.

Life is for living, she realizes – but it always helps if there’s an angel watching over you.

This is a very good novel. Cecelia Ahern described Holly’s weaknesses touchy and made her get up with head straight to the future very slowly. The story ran in the same speed from the beginning to the end. Friendship of Holly, Sharon and Denise, showed us that true friends always be there whenever we need them. I cried whne Holly is sad and I laughed when Holly and her friends and family are in comedic situation, like Holly’s birthday. This book make your emotions up and down. I don’t wanna watch the movie because I’m afraid I get my house flooded.




Book-O-Meter

No comments: