Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brisingr, a novel by Chistopher Paolini

Eragon Shadeslayer is back. Focusing on the story too much, Christopher Paolini wrote this third book long enough so he has to divide it into two (I hope the last book is out next year). There isn’t Inheritance trilogy anymore, but Inheritance cycle, instead. I’m happy cos I can join Eragon and Saphira a little bit longer.

Riding a dragon. I couldn’t imagine if it happened to me. I ride on Saphira’s back and fly high on the sky. It’s cool, isn’t it? Unfortunately, there is no dragon in our world. I have to stop dreaming like that. I’m no kid anymore.

Eragon hold heavy burden on his young age. He isn’t an adult yet, but the destiny of his people depends on him. It’s not fair to a boy like him. Eragon suppose to fall in love to ordinary girl then marry her then blablabla. That’s happened if the book is about love and romance. This book is about good vs evil in epic genre. Romance only gives small amount of Eragon’s life. It’s not just light literature for teens. This is more likely The Lord of the Rings in simpler version with half human-elf as the center.

I do hope Arya will like Eragon, love him better. I think in this book, Arya will show her feeling to Eragon a little bit mnore. But, nope. Arya is still straight to her goal: as Islanzadi’s representative helping Varden get victory.

When can I see Arya’s love? In few scenes, Arya looks like giving more attentions to Eragon (it looks like that to me). But Chistopher Paolini didn’t give them chance to know each other deeper. Eragon and Arya has different paths so they have to separate.

I love reading Eragon and Saphira’s scenes together. I read them slowly to feel their journey. But when I was on Roran’s scenes, I read them faster (I prefer elf to human—even half elf and prefer sword to axe; it’s just simple reason).

I’m waiting for the unforgetable climax in book four: big war between every race in Alagaesia, fire from dragons’ breath, magic and mental attacks. And Eragon’s marriage to Arya, of course. Please, Chistopher, make that happen. I will be waiting patiently.

No comments: