Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blue Bloods: Masquerade, a novel by Melissa de la Cruz

2007
309 pages

Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help - her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman - a true Blue Blood affair.

But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

This book is more interesting than the first one. I’m not too confused anymore as I read Blue Bloods. I think I’ve got de la Cruz’s style. The tension is higher. It’s needed to sequels so as to attract readers. I like the twists here. I was surprised reading this because I didnot expect the flow. Very surprising.

I’m torn in two, between Jack and Oliver. But I prefer Oliver. He loves Schuyler without hesitation and he wil sacrifice himself if he has to. Unlike Jack. I don’t know whom he loves. He attracted to Schuyler and he realized he loves her but he loves Mimi, too. How can it be?

Vampire here has different meaning than all we know. And I’m hard to understand “the bond between twin vampires”. It’s weird twin vampires are couples.

No comments: