Saturday, January 23, 2010

Inkspell, a novel by Cornelia Funke

Although a year has passed, not a day goes by without Meggie thinkingof the extraordinary events of Inkheart, and the story whosecharacters strode out of the pages, and changed her life for ever.But for Dustfinger, the fire-eater, torn from his world of words,the need to return has become desperate. When he finds a crookedstoryteller with the magical ability to read him back, he sets inmotion a dangerous reversal that sees the characters of Inkhearttransported to a charmed Inkworld, about to be fought over by rivalrebels and princes.
It’s still the same with the first book. Each chapter, it is completed by a quotes from famouse novels. Tom Sawyer, The Subtle Knife, The Wizard of Oz, etc.

Funke’s book is told about books. Books are not only words but have something that can make you traveling and imagining. In here, books are the most important thing. Elinor had a jar full of ashes of her books burned by Basta, beside her bed. I know, that’s too much.

I love books but not like her and other protagonists treat books. I place my books on bookshelves. I wrap some of them with plastic cover. I try not to open too wide when I read one of them, avoiding it broken. Just that. I don’t place my books inside a box and take it wherever I go.

Inside this story, imagination rules.

The very annoying person in this book is Fenoglio. He played as God in his own creation book. He twisted the story, he brought back Cosimo from dead, he caused so many innocent people in dangerous condition. I hate him.

No comments: