Monday, January 25, 2010

Blue Bloods, a novel by Melissa de la Cruz


Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes instead of the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates, and she lives with her reclusive grandmother in a dilapidated mansion. Schuyler is a loner—and happy that way.

But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler’s life changes dramatically. She has a mosaic of blue veins on her arms, and craves raw meat. The death of a popular girl from Duchesne is surrounded by a mystery that haunts her. And strangest off all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Schuyler wants to find out the secrets the Blue Bloods are keeping. But is she herself in danger?

I feel a little confuse reading this. Melissa de la Cruz’s style is different from books I’ve read before. She used all kind of point of view each chapter. I had to think for a while to get it. She described all the socialites life. Social committees, pretigious mansions, bilionaires families, branded fashions, private schools. I can hardly imagine all that.

The story is up not until the third of the books. Although I feel dizzy with the flow and where it took readers, I kept on reading. And I was right. The story was attracting me. I can’t put it down until I am too tired to open my eyes. Too bad, I still have to go to work. I can’t finish it in once reading.

No comments: